General Asynch Recruiting Thread

If @mr.ister doesn’t mind sitting out this one then I can set up a new game.

Or if anyone else wants to play we could have 2 games?

1 Like

Yep, but in a 4 player game and only 3 worker types someone is going to get squeezed. There are other ways to get a winning score (apparently).

The biggest thing, as @mr.ister says it that GWT moves a lot faster than you’d think initially. If one player is running through the trail you need to keep up.

I agree with everything @Captbnut said. You have to be really focused in this game. If you play cows, get the most valuable ones and make a lot of deliveries. If you go for buildings try to get to the most valuable ones that also improve the track for you and hinder your opponents. If you get engineers try to get as far along the rail track as possible. Every move you make should be in service of that goal. I wouldn’t say it’s impossible to really diversify and be competitive, but I certainly haven’t seen it work.

Usually when I play engineers I barely make it to the end of the track before the game ends. This game I had enough time to rush for the end of the track and even go back and fill in the other valuable stations.

One thing I find helpful when going for engineers or builders is to get a cowboy first round, make a delivery to Kansas for cash and get a 5 cow for 12 bucks. That’s a lot of money at the start of the game, but more often than not this is the only extra cow you’ll need.

Personally, I think I’ve played engineers the most and only rarely builders. I find builders the most challenging because they demand the most planning ahead. That’s why I wanted to go for them this time but then I got confused by the colors :man_shrugging:

After that first game with the second edition, the changes I noticed seem sensible. As Capt said, it devalues early Kansas deliveries, which should make for more varied openings. Making the green/orange cowboy tokens more valuable also seems like an improvement since I rarely ever pick one up in 1e. All in all, I don’t see anything that speaks against 2e. Some might argue that the expansion isn’t included/released yet, but I’m of the minority that doesn’t like it very much anyway, so I wouldn’t mind.

1 Like

I’m fine to sit out.

If anybody else wants to play (GWT or something else), I’m game.

1 Like

@mr.ister @yashima @Whistle_Pig @lalunaverde I’m guessing you guys might be interested in async Terra Mystica/ Gaia Project?

4 Likes

I’ve set up GWT for me, @raged_norm , @Snobbydolphin and @Acacia .

Second edition, random neutral buildings and random player buildings this time. I haven’t put the Simmental cow cards on.

@mr.ister if we don’t get more interest from here I know a couple of others who’ll join

1 Like

I would play Terra Mystica.

1 Like

Definitely!

1 Like

I’m already in another game of Terra Mystica, so I’ll pass.

1 Like

Both TM or Gaia sound great.

1 Like

Set up Terra Mystica because it’s 5 players. Base game random factions

Anyone up for Race for the Galaxy? Will have Gathering Storm goals, at least.

Sure.

(but I bet it sucks compared to the app)

1 Like

I didn’t know TM even supported 5 players. Should be interesting, cramped.

1 Like

I’d do that

I’m always down for rftg! I’m acacia on bga as well.

If you ever want to run a side hustle on Gaia, I’m in :slight_smile:

I’m happy to join in on Gaia too

RFTG settings. Just tell if you guys want to change anything

2 Likes

That’s fine. I’ve never really understood the preference for disabling takeovers though.

(If anything, I find the goals to be more unbalancing - takeovers can be played around, while goals just provide random windfalls)