El Grande - Yucata asynch recruitment

Hey I’m not complaining, but I now realize I probably should have done that myself.

1 Like

@lalunaverde again

Is there anyway to replay the last turns? It would be interesting to know who tried to screw me over …

May have been me?

Also, it’s El Grande. We’ll screw each other many times before it’s over

You can click the foot icon next to each player info to see what their last move was.

2 Likes

But to be fair, I undermined everyone as the card says remove 1 from each fellow player :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

No worries, I think it was me who painted the target on my back.

1 Like

By deciding to play El Grande?

1 Like

Pretty much, yeah!

On another note, I’m looking at the round 2 cards. Does Decay of Authority actually mean that, if it gets picked first, nobody else this turn gets to place any caballeros? If so, then that’s quite nasty.

1 Like

Getting caballeros from your provinces to your court (the number based on your turn order auction card) happens at the start of your turn, so you will have however many that gives you available.

1 Like

It’s a vicious card

Decay of Authority? Oh bloody hell :joy:

OK that makes sense.

The translation is quite literal. It works better in German, though even there it sounds odd.

That epic fight in Old Castille

I think you mean Altkastilien. :de:

Good game. Congrats @Captbnut !

2 Likes

Good game! I’m not surprised Captbnut kept his lead up - it seemed like there were blue cubes all over! I’m glad that the last scoring round was good to me and allowed me to just get up into that second-place tie. Things really turned around for me once I stopped fighting for Altkastilien, which was hardly worth any points in the first place.

1 Like

I think that might be the first time I’ve ever won El Grande.

Thanks all

4 Likes

Congratulations to Captbnut! I’m glad, that you got your revenge!

Phew I did not do well in this game at all. I think I presented a prime example of sunk cost fallacy. I had the feeling that I needed to hold on to any point I could get instead of cutting my losses for one scoring round and setting myself up for the rest of the game. Really intriguing game though, and it led me to pick up a copy, so that’s a plus!

1 Like