El Grande - Yucata asynch recruitment

I always wanted to try the granddaddy of area control but haven’t had a chance yet. In another thread, @Captbnut suggested to play it on Yucata and I wanted to gauge interest. If people are not familiar with Yucata, it’s pretty similar to BGA in concept. Registration is free and they have a pretty good selection of games.

BGG says the game is best with a full complement of five. Who would like to play?

3 Likes

I’m always happy to lose to you at any game! Same username over there

2 Likes

Im Paultoo on Yucata

3 Likes

I am interested.

Yucata: pillbox

1 Like

I’d be down! I believe the more the merrier for this game. InkyBloc on Yucata.

2 Likes

Excellent, I’ll set up a game.

1 Like

Very much looking forward to having no idea what I’m doing, similar to the first (and last) time I played it.

3 Likes

The SUSD teach video is really good.

2 Likes

That’s worth a rewatch! I’m confident on the rules, it’s just the strategy I’m shaky on.

1 Like

Attack Pillbox

3 Likes

I went to grab my El Grande rulebook from my big box edition and chuckled again at thinking how they’ve called it “The Big Big Box”. And then I got curious and went to BGG to see if it was released in Spanish; it was, but they called it “El Grande: Edición 20º aniversario”

Am very disappoint.

6 Likes

I’ve accepted the invitation. Will yucata email me turn alerts like I get from BGA, or will we need to use this thread to poke?

Will do, boss! Sorry Pillbox, you should’ve gotten in there first.

1 Like

You should get email alerts if you tick the respective box in your profile settings.

1 Like

@Captbnut in case you didn’t get notified, you’re up!

1 Like

Cheers. No notification yet

I think start game and in-game notifications are different settings, so if you’re first (which I think you are) that may be why it didn’t show up.

The end game emails have been delayed recently, but never more than an hour.

1 Like

@lalunaverde You’re up in the game.

Whoops. I’ll try to get used to checking Yucata regularly.

@mr.ister

Thanks, but I’m getting notifications so no need to tag me.

Also, you’re welcome, @InkyBloc