BGA: Nidavellir Tonight

@mr.ister and I plan to play a round or two of synchronous Nidavellir on BGA at 2021-05-03T19:00:00Z.

The game plays five players. I know the game but haven’t played on BGA. I think it should be easy enough to teach via chat.

Nidavellir is a set collection and auction game that is played over a fixed number of rounds. You make bids to hire dwarves from three taverns each round in an attempt to build up the best army. Alternatively you try to upgrade the coins you are making your bids with. I don’t actually know enough about auctions to explain what type of auction it is…

4 Likes

Love the forum auto local time thingy, but when it says 4:00 AM for a live game I know it’s just not happening for me.

2 Likes

Count me in

1 Like

I’d be up for it. What time zone 8pm are we talking?

EDIT: nvm, it adjusts for time zone? Crazy

1 Like

Yours. I used the forum gimmick thing that calculates time for your timezone. For me and @mr.ister it will be 9pm.

1 Like

Thanks, I just noticed. Technology is a crazy thing

1 Like

FYI: We were not planning on using voice in order to not disturb any children sleeping close-by.
I know lalunaverde and mrister’s nicks on BGA. @KIR2: yours I don’t know.

1 Like

I’d be interested too, avstar is my bga nickname

1 Like

That makes 5 :slight_smile: Great. I’ll send the invites at 8 or 9 pm depending on timezone.

3 Likes

If other people would like to use voice chat, I don’t mind at all!

The time has come… to play :wink:

1 Like

Top game! Thanks all. Let’s do it again soon :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Glad we got to find out how to turn an auction game into a train game and we only needed @lalunaverde to show us the way…

2 Likes

:notes: Purple train, purple train :notes:

:notes: I only wanted to see you laughing in the purple train :notes:

4 Likes

I know times are changing

Time we all reach out for something new, and that means you too :sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

You may wish to check out this brand new podcast episode as well, if you’re interested in more discussions about Nidavellir:

Does the game have an option of upgrading your bid by trading the coins for beer? Seems like a sure-fire way of recruiting dwarves. :slight_smile:

1 Like